JUST ANOTHER MANIC EVERYDAY

  JUST ANOTHER MANIC
  MONDAY  EVERYDAY

Jesus! It was hard work getting up this morning, pushing back warmth of the bed, crawling out into the uncertainty of the day. Walking down the stairs in the dark, plans for the day starting to appear in my sleepy head, coffee is bubbling in the pot making sure I don’t loose the plot while driving to work. More coffee at work to kick start the bits of my brain I need to get through the first hour. Well here we go once more unto the breach my friend.
 Walking up to the machine that’s been happily clicking away for hours on end. ‘Chatter chatter’ - doesn’t he realise I’m not awake?  Then a moment of clarity hits me.  What am I doing here at this time of the morning?
Dinner time.  I’ve made it this far. Pushed some right buttons on the machine and some wrong ones with my mate. Still, I’m sure he will forgive me with a volley of unkind but truthful abuse which will sail over my head.
Clunk!  The sound of the stamp hitting my card for 2pm. Clunk click in the car, radio on, windows down. The plans I had this morning may need to be adjusted .What can I get rid of until tomorrow when I have spare time?  Now let me see.......
Make the call when I get through the door. ‘Hello how is your day at the office? Yes, I will have a cup of tea ready for you come home’.
 Well that’s one plan out the window, no parcel in the post. Tea is brewing; the telly is stewing, sit back and take stock of world events for five minutes. Trump, Boris Johnson , Corbyn  are all on show today. Thank God no Beckham though.
 What!  What!  Oh damn!  I let myself snooze, thirty minutes wasted in cuckoo land. That’s one thing I never planned .I feel quite worse for it, another cup of java to put me back on track, jump in the shower,  wash away the morning.
 Jump into the car up to the square, fifty minutes later back to base awaiting the arrival of my wife with her toils for the day. ‘Your tea is ready, has it been a rough one?’
6pm and I turn my attention to sorting my tasks and getting ready to wear my mask for the evening’s procedures. Two hours of being a face out of the crowd. Still no worries - I like the attention and fun.
Sit back down at 9pm, start preparing the bed, making it warm and welcome.
 SLEEP!!


By Ray Bokor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DEAR ANGEL

Black dog

To my friends